ClockworkMod recovery for the HTC Incredible 2 was released and installed with no time wasted when the news of S-Off being gained on the device via AplhaRevX hit the internet. With this recovery installed you will be able to flash custom kernels and ROMs with ease and comfort. Installing this recovery on your device isn’t that hard either.
Those of you wondering what ClockworkMod recovery is and why you need it, see our comprehensive guide on what is ClockworkMod recovery. So if you believe you need this, or if you just don’t want to feel left out, here’s how you can install ClockworkMod recovery on your phone.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An HTC Incredible 2 with S-Off. You can do that via XTC Clip or if by miracle you got a phone that had S-Off.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- HTC drivers installed.
- ClockworkMod recovery image.
- To begin, download the recovery image file from the link above and extract it.
- Boot your phone in Fastboot mode and connect it to your system via USB.
- Navigate to the location of the recovery image and while holding the shift key, right click the mouse and select Open Command window here.
- Enter the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery cwm-recovery-vivow.img fastboot reboot adb reboot recovery
That’s it! You should now have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your Incredible 2. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.