View in galleryEarlier we covered a guide on rooting the Optimus Black via Gingerbreak and while rooting may seem enough to most Android users, no Android device is truly rooted without a custom recovery installed. Now when it comes to custom recoveries, there is no matching the ClockworkMod recovery, and this is the recovery we will be installing on the Optimus Black.
Thanks to XDA-Developers forum member Xantaro, installing this recovery on your Optimus Black has been made a breeze and even if you’re a complete noob with this stuff, you should have no troubles at all. The following functions have been tested to be working with this recovery installed on the Optimus Black:
- Backup & Restore.
- Wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe cache.
- Reboot & Poweroff.
- Install zip from SD-Card.
- Partition SD-Card.
So let’s get on with the installation!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A Rooted Optimus Black. See our guide on rooting the Optimus Black.
- ClockworkMod recovery.
- LG United mobile drivers. (Required if you’re on Windows.)
- To begin, download the recovery from the link above and extract the contents.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB and make sure USB debugging is turned on. (Settings > Applications > Development)
- Once connected, simply run the file install_recovery.bat to let the recovery flash. (Incase of Linux, run install_recovery.sh)
Please note that at the moment, there is no key combination on the Optimus Black that can boot the device into recovery mode, you can either do that via the help of any app from the Market, or via ADB.