In case you have already acquired root on your LG Thrill 4G, then you can now install ClockworkMod Recovery. Kudos to designgrears, senior XDA member and ROM / Android developer, for this extraordinary achievement. For now, Nandroid is working fine in this custom ClockworkMod Recovery image for LG Thrill along with ADB access. More important features like flashing Zip files, Wipe, Factory Reset and other toggles do not work for now. We believe that the developer will soon release a version that will come with all these goodies and functionalities as working.
Here is the step by step guide to install this partially working ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Thrill:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
1. The first step is to make sure that your phone has root. You can follow the guide provided here to gain root on your phone.
2. Once you have root on your device, install ADB on your PC. Follow our comprehensive ADB guide posted here for more details and instructions.
3. One done, download the recovery image file from here and save it.
4. After this use the following ADB command to push recovery image to your phone:
adb push recovery.img /data
5. After this, type
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6.backup bs=4096
6. After this, it’s time to flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Type the following ADB Command:
dd if=/data/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096
7. Now once the recovery is flashed, type the following commands to finalize settings and reoot:
And there you go, you now have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your phone. In case you are facing any issues or want to say thanks to the developer, then please head to the official XDA thread link posted in Step 3.