View in galleryThe MOTOACTV (F100) Android watch gets ClockworkMod recovery 5! The tiny 1.6” screen sized Android device is trying to compete with the big guns here, where it was rooted almost as soon as it came out, and a few weeks later, it gets an Alpha version of ClockworMod recovery 5. Does this spell future custom kernels and ROMs for this device? We wait and see, but for now, if you have the Actv rooted, here’s ClockworkMod recovery for you, courtesy of RootzWiki forum member utkanos.
According to the developer, “there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is extremely finicky on this device and it will not boot past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren’t needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. ADB is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.”
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted MOTOACTV. See our guide on rooting the MOTOACTV.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- ClockworkMod recovery image for Moto Actv.
- To begin, download the recovery image from the link above and copy it to the location where fastboot.exe is in the Android SDK.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your device in Settings > Applications > Development, and connect the device to the PC.
- Enter the following commands in terminal or command prompt:
adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/ adb shell dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13 exit adb reboot recovery
Upon reboot, you should boot into the new recovery. For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at RootzWiki.