View in galleryWhat good is a rooted Samsung Mesmerize if you don’t have ClockworkMod recovery installed on it. With a simple root, you’re nowhere at getting the taste of Custom ROMs, kernels and you’re certainly far away from the comfort of flashing unsigned zip files with ease. Android Forum’s forum member ifruit6 tells us how to get the most famous custom recovery on your phone.
If you’re not familiar with ClockworkMod recovery, see our guide on what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to use it on Android. So now that you’ve acquainted yourself with this awesome custom recovery and wish to get it up and running on your Mesmerize, here’s how. All you need is the recovery in a .tar format and ODIN to flash the recovery in. Let’s do this step by step.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- ODIN installed on your system.
- Samsung USB drivers installed. Download drivers for 32bit Windows | 64bit Windows.
- ClockworkMod recovery.
- To begin, download the recovery from the link above.
- Run ODIN on your system and click on PDA to choose cwm-recovery-ALL.tar.
- Make sure Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Enter download mode on the phone and connect it to the computer via USB.
- Once connected, hit the Start button on ODIN and wait for the recovery to flash.
- Once the phone reboots, disconnect it from the computer and close ODIN.