View in galleryThe Atrix 4G gets ClockworkMod Recovery Touch! The recovery is beginning to roll out for more devices now, and the Atrix 4G is one of the first few lucky devices that just got it’s share of the action. If you are an avid Android user with an already rooted device, this touch based recovery is something you seriously need to try out. Right now, the recovery can be downloaded and flashed flashed via ROM Manager from the market, but that however costs $1.99. A very minimal cost, considering the effort put into this thing, but you can always install it free of cost via ADB in two or three very quick commands.
If you do not even know what ClockworkMod recovery is all about, see our guide on what is ClockworkMod recovery?
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Atrix 4G with an unlocked bootloader. See our guide on unlocking the Atrix 4G’s bootloader.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- ClockworkMod Recovery Touch for Atrix 4G.
- To begin, download the recovery from the link above and copy it to the folder where fastboot.exe is in the Android SDK.
- Rename the file to something more convenient, for example, atrix4g.img (where .img is the extension).
- Run command prompt and enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery atrix4g.img fastboot reboot
All done! Try rebooting into recovery and the Touch recovery should now be working on your device.