View in galleryThe CoreDroid Team at XDA-Developers have been hard at work since the release of the HTC Inspire 4G and their Gingerbread based CoreDroid 4G Android ROM that also supports HTC Desire HD, has been gaining users ever since. Their ROM has been undergoing speedy development, with new releases becoming available with every development milestone reached. The team of brilliant developers claim that the CoreDroid 4G is faster by a factor of 50% when compared to the stock ROM. To put that claim to the test, for a complete list of features of this ROM and to see what sets it apart from all the other ROM’s available for the Inspire 4G / Desire HD, gear up, get excited and read on.
The Cell Team is proud to present the below mentioned features in the ROM:
- Latest Base Build for the Inspire 4G
- RAM Optimizations
- Speed Optimizations
- Fast & stable, along with some eye candy.
- Multilanguage support.
- Fully De-odexed
- init.d scripts support
- Excellent battery life
- Improved auto-brightness values
- All system & 3rd party applications updated to the latest available.
- Fully custom themed.
- Ads Blocked
- HTC Translator Widget
- Titanium Backup
- Dual Folder View
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- Improved Camera performance
- Support for Extreme Theme/Icon customization.
Now that we’ve tempted you enough, go on and flash it using the below mentioned procedure:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted HTC Desire HD.(See rooting the HTC Desire HD | Rooting the Inspire 4G)
- HTC Desire with Radio version Radio 26.04.02.17_M2 (See how to flash a radio on HTC Desire HD)
- Radio S-Off / ENG S-OFF on your device. (See how to gain S-OFF on HTC Desire HD)
- ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. (See how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 3 + using ROM Manager)
- Latest CoreDroid ROM
- Device to be at least 40% charged.
- Download the LeeDrOiD ROM and drop to your SD card.
- Boot into recovery.(either via Rom Manager or by powering up with the volume down button held)
- Select “Backup & restore” then backup your existing ROM just incase you want to move back to your current configuration.
- If you want a clean install, scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” (this step is recommended but not always required)
- Select ‘Flash Zip from SD card’
- Select the Desire HD CoreDroid V4.0 that you just downloaded.
- Cleaning Cache and Dalvik Cache is recommended.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and reboot.
Now that you have the Gingerbread based custom ROM installed, we highly recommend going over to the brilliantly designed site of the CoreDroid Team. The site helps you customize your device to your liking by giving you customizable fonts, boot animations, themes and various themed widgets as well.
For any bugs, suggestions, change log and further updates for your installed ROM, please head over to the CoreDroid site linked above.