If you have an HTC HD2 running Android, it is quite likely that you want to use a splash screen that reflects the operating system you have on the device. You can now choose between two Android and Google branded splash screens custom made for the HTC HD2 running Android. Read on for details, download links and installation instructions.
These custom splash screens are brought to you by XDA-Developers forum member yerger425 who made them for himself because he wanted a stock-looking screen to go with the Android installation on his HD2, and later decided to share his work with the rest as well. These splash screens can be an excellent addition to go with your installation of Android on HTC HD2’s internal NAND memory, though they will also work with Android running from the phone’s SD card or even no Android on the phone at all.
To install one of these splash screens to your HD2:
- Download the screen of your choice from the two provided below, and extract the contents of the zip file to your computer.
- Turn your phone off and enter its bootloader mode by keeping the volume-down button pressed, pressing and releasing the power button and finally releasing the volume-down button once you see the three colored bootloader screen.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB and wait till it says ‘USB’ on the phone’s screen.
- From the files extracted to your computer in step 1, run ‘CustomRUU.exe’ and follow the on-screen instructions to flash the splash screen to your phone.
- Once the process is complete, your phone will reboot. You now have the splash screen installed.
To learn how to create your own splash screen, refer to this XDA-Developers forum thread.
Download Splash Screen (Google Logo Only)
Download Splash Screen (Google and Android Logos)