Do you frequently use ClockworkMod recovery to flash custom ROMs, hacks and mods to your Android device? If you do, you must be familiar with the annoyance of scrolling through endless ‘No’ options to find the ‘Yes’ option and select it to confirm every operation you perform there. If you are getting sick and tired of it and would rather have simply two options, one saying ‘Yes’ and the other saying ‘No’, you’re at the right place. This is a fairly simple and much needed MOD to the famous ClockworkMod Recovery for the Google Nexus S that takes away all the extra ‘No’ options from it. Read on for more details and download link.
As you can see, all the extra ‘No’s are gone. The default option is still a ‘No’ to minimize the chance of accidental confirmation.
Now that we are done with the details, let’s move on getting it up and running on your Nexus S. The installation is actually very simple; just follow this step-by-step guide.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nexus S. See how to root the Nexus S.
- Android Terminal Emulator or any other terminal app installed on your phone. If you don’t have it already, install it from the market.
- Custom CWM recoery: Download for Nexus S | Download for Nexus S 4G
- To begin, copy the custom CWM file to the root of your phones SD card.
- Now run Terminal Emulator on you phone and type in the following commands. Hit enter after every command:
su flash_image recovery /sdcard/3014cw.img reboot recovery
- You may now exit Terminal Emulator. Custom ClockworkMod recovery with one ‘No’ option is now installed.
The last command from the ones given above reboots your phone into recovery again and this time, you will see none of the annoying extra ‘No’ options. Everything else should still work as expected, and you should still be able to flash ROMs, mods and hacks, and perform all other recovery operations provided by ClockworkMod. Enjoy your clutter free CWM, and let us know how it faired for you. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers