Good news Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini users – although there’s no official CyanogenMod 7 Android ROM for you guys yet, a custom Gingerbread ROM based on CyanogenMod 7 and called xCyanogenmod Mini 7 is now available for you to install to your device, thanks to XDA-Developers forum member owain94. For installation instructions and more information on this ROM, read on.
- Sound output.
- Video playback.
- Earphones detection.
- USB mass storage.
- FM Radio.
- WiFi is broken.
- LED flash.
Now that you know pros and cons this ROM carries, let’s install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Xperia X10 Mini. See our guide on how to root the Xperia X10 Mini.
- xRecovery installed on your device. See our guide on how to install xRecovery on the Xperia X10 Mini.
- USB cable.
- Download the ROM. Copy the files to the root of your SD card.
- Download the flasher for old baseband and flash your phone with the tool. (If you don’t, your phone will NOT have cellular reception.)
- Reboot into xRecovery by pressing the back button a few times immediately when you see the white Sony Ericsson logo.
- Make a nandroid backup.
- Go to Advanced Options and Wipe Battery Stats.
- Wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe cache and wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Choose ‘install zip from sdcard’ and choose the ROM you downloaded.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.
- The phone will hang on the first boot, wait for it to turn off. Then turn it back on.
There you go! all good to go with your new CyanogenMod 7 based custom ROM. For updates and queries visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.