View in galleryHTC Sense 3.0 can now grace the screens of your Desire Z / T-Mobile G2 thanks to XDA-Developers forum members rmk40, Flemmard, Diamondback, Cappychimp, eViL D:, siulimagic, rafyvitto and 911Sniper. The ROM named Virtuous Fusion sports Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread along with the much talked and hyped about, HTC Sense 3.0. More on this ROM and how to install it after the jump!
Before we start of with the features of this ROM, take a look at some of the bugs that exist so far:
- Some graphical glitches are present, but these are minor enough to not bother the user.
- Landscape mode is broken for now.
- Non-HTC widgets are shown out of scale.
As for the features:
- Fully functional and properly scaled Sense 3.0.
- All device hardware should be fully functional, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
- Kernel 126.96.36.199 from the Gingerbread leak for the Desire Z / G2.
- Market applications such as Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc. are automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
- Deodexed and zipaligned.
- Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
- Massive APNs list.
Now before we move on to the installation, you can see a few screenshots below, courtesy of the developers.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Desire Z / G2. See our guide on how to root the Desire Z / G2.
- A custom recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
- Virtuous Fusion ROM.
Simply copy the ROM you downloaded from the link above on to the root of your SD card and flash it via ClockworkMod recovery. Note that the first boot may take as long as 6 to 10 minutes so do not try to reboot the phone and mess it up for yourself.
If you’re unfamiliar with flashing ROMs via recovery, see our guide on how to flash ROMs and .zip files via recovery in Android.
For further updates or any queries related to this ROM, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.