Finally there is some great news for Samsung Galaxy Spica owners waiting to get their phones upgraded to CyanogenMod 6.1.0 RC Android 2.2 Froyo. This custom ROM build for the spica is also referred to as Spica-alpha-7.1 over at Samdroid Froums. This build of CyanogenMod custom ROM can be flashed in a freshly rooted Spica and can also be installed over a running copy of previous CyanogenMod.
Here is a list of all the features packaged with CyanogenMod 6.1 RC for Samsung Galaxy Spica:
- Screen [LeshaK]
- SD Card
- Google services 20100926: (GMail/Market/Contacts/Calendar/NetworkLocationProvider)
- Hardware accelerated movie playing
Follow these step by step instructions to flash / install Android 2.2 Froyo CyanogenMod 6.1.0 RC on your Rooted Samsung Spica:
- The first step is to root your Spica with Leshak’s kernel by following the detailed instructions posted here.
- Once done, download CM-6.1.0-Spica-a7.1_update.zip and save the file on your desktop.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, mount SD card and copy the ZIP file to SD card root.
- Now turn your phone off and reboot into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, use volume up / down button to navigate to Apply Zip from Sd Card and select.
- Now simply install the ROM using this option.
- Once the installation is complete, go to recovery main menu and WIPE Data and Cache.
- Now reboot your phone from recovery. It will reboot automatically 2 to 5 times so hang in there.
- And there you go! one the phone boots normally after multiple reboots, you will have Android 2.2 Froyo based CyanogenMod 6.1.0 Release Candidate installed on your phone.
Please note that if you are already running CyanonegMod previous build, then follow all the above steps in the same manner and uninstall any Google Apps updates that you have done manually.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be responsible for any permanent or non permanent damage that might occur to your device due to this process