The HTC Incredible S has just received a functioning CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 ROM based on Android 2.3.4. CM7 has proven to be an undeniably fast and potent ROMs for the Android devices out there. You now have a chance at installing this AOSP ROM on your Incredible S!
CM7 RC1, like the CM7 Final Release, is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. For more information on this ROM and any changelog, refer to the official CyanogenMod git. Now, on with some good old ROM flashing!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An Incredible S with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible S.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. Install via ROM Manager from the Android Marker. Incase you are unable to do so for some odd reason, see our guide on the manual installation of ClockworkMod recovery on the Incredible S.
- CM7.1 RC1 (Mirror)
- Google Apps
- To begin, copy the ROM and Google Apps you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the file is copied, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe factory/data reset.
- Now, wipe cache and dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
- Once done, simply flash the ROM you copied to your SD card and let it install.
- Do the same for Google Apps and then simply reboot your device.
That’s it, you’re done! Your phone should now boot into the new CM7.1 RC1 ROM. If you have issues with audio, you must flash a 3805.x.x.x radio.