Earlier we covered a post on the installation of CyanogenMod 7 Nightly release on the LG Optimus 2X. Fortunately, CyanogenMod has just released CM7.1 RC1 for this device, and being an RC1, the ROM is now fit to be used as a daily driver contrary to how things were back in the days of the nightly release.
This release is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread and brings in quite a few other changes along with it. For more information on this ROM and any changelog, refer to the official CyanogenMod git. Now, on with some good old ROM flashing!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted LG Optimus 2X. See our guide on rooting the Optimus 2X.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Optimus 2X.
- CM7.1 RC1 (Mirror)
- Google Apps
- To begin, download the ROM and Google Apps from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset , wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to the SD card.
- The flashing process will begin, so wait patiently as the ROM is installed on your device.
- Once done, install Google Apps via the same method as described in step 4.
- That done, reboot your device and cross your fingers!
Voila! All done. Your Optimus 2X should now boot into the new CM7.1 RC1 ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at CyanogenMod.