View in galleryCyanogenMod has now announced support for the Motorola Cliq XT and has done so in style. CM7.1 RC1 has been released for this phone, along with a lot of other Android devices. The RC1 version is supposedly stable and can be used as a daily driver for your device. This is the start of something that could really push the device to it’s true potential – we are talking about CyanogenMod after all.
CM7 RC1 is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. For more information on this ROM and any changelog, refer to the official CyanogenMod git. Now, on with some good old ROM flashing!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Motorola Cliq XT. See our guide on rooting the Motorola Cliq XT.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. (Install via ROM Manager from the Android Market.)
- CM7.1 RC1 ROM. (Mirror)
- Google Apps.
- To begin, copy the ROM and Google Apps you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the file is copied, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe factory/data reset.
- Now, wipe cache and dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
- Once done, simply flash the kernel you copied to your SD card and let it install and then simply reboot your device.
Voila! Your phone should now boot into the new CM7.1 RC1 ROM. For updates and queries, visit the page at Cyanogenmod.