An alpha build of CyanogenMod 7 has finally made it to HTC EVO 3D. The build is AOSP based extra contributions from CM development community and is available for download. For those who don’t know, CyanogenMod is a custom Android firmware developed and designed to enhance and optimize user experience. Recently we did a comprehensive post on different features and functionalities offered by CyanogenMod and you can find it here. Like other initial ports, this build of CM 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread custom ROM for EVO 3D has some issues. Bluetooth, Netflix, Wi-Max, 3D Images / Video along with battery gauge aren’t working properly and hopefully will be fixed in future released. For a complete change log and features of this ROM, please visit the link provided here.
Here is the step by step guide to install CyanogenMod 7 on HTC EVO 3D.
- NAND unlocked With Root EVO 3D
- ClockWorkMod Recovery
- The first step is to make sure that you have a NAND unlocked HTC EVO 3D with root and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Once done, download the CM 7 for EVO 3D Alpha build from here and save the file on your desktop.
- After this connect your phone to the computer via USB cable and copy the downloaded ROM zip file to SD Card root.
- Now download ROM Manager from Android Market and use in-app option to reboot into recovery mode.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, first make a complete NANDROID backup and then WIpe / Factor reset your phone.
- After this use the “Install Zip from SD Card” option in recovery to flash CM 7 on your phone.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your phone.
And there you go! You now have CyanogenMod 7 running on your phone. All credit for this guide goes to CM team at Rootzwiki and you can checkout the official ROM thread posted here for more information, support and Google Apps.