CyanogenMod 7 is one of the most widely used Android 2.3 Gingerbread custom ROMs and it has been updated to the Release Candidate 2 for several phones recently, including HTC Legend. This release offers considerable improvements over the previous RC1 and according to the developers at CyanogenMod, it is stable for everyday use. Can’t wait to get this ROM up and running on your phone? Well then, let’s install it right away!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted HTC Legend. (Click here to see our comprehensive rooting guide for HTC Legend)
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed. (See here for our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery)
- CyanogenMod 7 RC2 for HTC Legend. (Copy to the root of your SD card.)
- Latest Google Apps. (Optional; copy to the root of your SD card.)
- Boot your device into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Make a nandroid backup.
- Wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe cache partition.
- Wipe dalvik cache from advanced menu and return to main menu.
- Select ‘Install zip from sd card’ > ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Select the ROM’s zip file, confirm the prompt and wait for the ROM installation to finish.
- If you copied Google Apps zip file to the SD card, install that as well.
- Once done, go back to the main menu and hit the ‘Reboot system now’ option.
Congratulations! If you did everything right as told in the guide, you should see CyanogenMod 7 boot on your HTC Legend. Please visit the CyanogenMod forum thread to contribute any ideas over any missing features that you may find and do let us know how this ROM faired for you.