View in galleryDarky’s v9.1 Extreme Edition custom ROM can make your Samsung Galaxy S run at blazing speeds. It also includes a number of features to extend the functionality of your device. The developer has fixed a number of issues in this Android ROM to make it more stable and fast.
Darky’s ROMs have established a huge following due to their success and innovation in the custom ROM community. This ROM offers huge advantage over the stock ROMs in terms of its interface and additional features not available in the stock ROM. This version is the latest by the developer for Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Captivate. It is probably the fastest Froyo ROM with Gingerbread looks.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process
- Make sure you can enter the recovery mode and you know what the recovery mode is.
- Check your firmware version by going to settings >> About >> Firmware/software version. if you are not already using a previous version of Darky’s ROM, your data will be wiped. Make sure to take a backup of your data. If you have bought an app from the marketplace, you can download it later and you will not be charged again.
- Download the necessary files by following the link at the bottom of this post.
- Make sure that your phone is charged more than 50%.
- In case you don’t have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your phone, visit our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S.
- If you are currently using any Lagfix then disable it for now.
- Download Darky’s ROM, copy it to the root of your phone’s internal SD card and flash it from recovery after taking a nandroid backup and wiping all data, cache and Dalvik cache. If coming from a previous version of Darky”s ROM, skip wiping data.
Now you have the latest Darky’s ROM installed on your device. If you need any further information, you can refer to
Darky’s blog (not online anymore) for updates on the development and help with any issues that you might come across.