Earlier we had covered a Gingerbread leak for the Epic 4G, but that was based on the ED12 build. Now we have the EE03 build available which addresses a lot of issues found in the older ED12 firmware. The newer EE03 firmware is customized by k0nane and the Android Creative Syndicate team. More on the ROM and how to install it on your Epic 4G, after the break.
The ROM is nowhere near the final release as of yet, however it’s stable and an important upgrade from the ED12 ROM because of the fixes it brings.
4G, GPS, charging, temperature sensor, all appear to be functioning normally. This release is by no means the final release and is being worked on as we speak to bring further improvement into it.
So if you want to take this ROM up for a spin on your phone, here’s how to do it.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Epic 4G running the stock EC05 Froyo firmware. See our guide on how to manually update / downgrade Epic 4G to EC05 Froyo firmware.
- Rooted Samsung Epic 4G. See our guide on how to root the Epic 4G with one click.
- Clockworkmod recovery 3 installed. Download ROM Manager from the Market and flash the latest version of ClockworkMod recovery
- EE03 Gingerbread for Epic 4G. (Mirror)
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot your device into recovery and flash the file you copied to your SD card. Incase you’re unfamiliar with the concept, refer to our guide on how to flash apps and ROMs on Android via recovery.
For updates and queries, regarding this Kernel, visit the forum thread at Android Central.