MIUI is one of the most popular custom ROMs for a vast range of Android devices due to the stunning graphics used throughout its interface and now, a version of the latest MIUI ROM is available for Google Nexus One. For our detailed guide along with the installation instructions, continue reading after the break.
To learn more about the MIUI ROM, please refer to our detailed guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android devices. The latest version is based on Android 2.2 Froyo and has been out for several devices in the past few weeks. This Nexus One port itself is in Chinese but is accompanied by an English language pack to make it suitable for most users across the world.
Following are the complete instructions to install MIUI ROM on your Nexus One:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Nexus One. For help with rooting, see our guide on how to root your Android device.
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed. See how to install ClockworkMod Recovery.
MIUI 1.2.18 ROM for Nexus SGet the latest version from here instead.
- English Language Pack for MIUI ROM 1.2.18 (No longer required with the latest version)
For help with any of these steps, see our guide on how to install a custom ROM to an Android device.
- Download the ROM
as well as the English language pack, and copy both zip files to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Perform a Nandroid backup.
- Wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache. It is advisable to wipe more than once just to be sure.
- Install the ROM’s zip file from SD card.
Install the English Language Pack’s zip file from SD card.
- Reboot back into Android. The first boot may take around 10 minutes so be patient.
- Reboot the phone once more to let things settle and you’re done!
You should now have MIUI running on your Nexus One. Enjoy!