Motorola Milestone caused some major hype while entering the Android Market sporting the Android 2.1 Éclair. As of now, the phone enjoys massive support from the Android developer community with MIUI 1.5.13 being one of the latest ROMs release for this phone. The ROM is based on Android 2.3.4 and supports Google Talk video chat. More on the ROM and how you can install it on your device after the jump.
Below are a few features of the ROM. Additionally you can check out the
changelog at MIUI Android Developers (not available anymore on new MIUI Android website).
- The ROM base has been upgraded to 2.3.4.
- Added one press dial functionality: quickly call up number with one press.
- Added reminder notification of new messages.
- Added Birthday reminder functionality, reminds of birthdays 3 days earlier.
- Removal of duplicate contacts when your SIM and Google contacts overlap.
- Added swipe to delete or select all songs for editing or removal.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Motorola Milestone. See our guide on how to root the Motorola Milestone.
- Open Recovery 1.46.
MIUI 1.5.13 for Motorola Milestone. Apparently MIUI Android portal has removed MIUI 1.5.13 file from their servers. Here is the latest MIUI 2.4.20 Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM for Milestone. English Language pack(not needed with the version linked above).
- Extract Open Recovery 1.46 zip file and copy OpenRecovery folder and Update.Zip to the SD card.
- Copy the already downloaded MIUI ROM and language pack in SDcard\OpenRecovery\updates
- Power off your phone and then power it back on while pressing the X button on the keyboard. Hold X till you see a triangle with an exclamation mark in it, and then let go of the X button.
- Now hold the volume Up button and press the camera button. You’ll be taken to Android System Recovery <2e>.
- Using D-Pad as cursor and the golden button in the middle as Enter, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition.
- Once done, choose apply SD card: update.zip.
- You will be taken to Motorola Milestone Open Recovery Version 1.46.
- In the menu, navigate to Nandroid > Backup All to make a backup of your current ROM.
- Again select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache and wipe Dalvik cache.
- Navigate to Apply Update and choose the MIUI ROM.
- Scroll to the Language pack and apply.
- Go back to Main Menu and select reboot system.
- The first boot will take sometime so please be patient.
That’s it! You should boot into the new MIUI ROM after a few minutes into rebooting. Optionally you can also check out our post on 10 awesome MIUI themes for Android.
For updates and queries related to this ROM, visit the forum thread at MIUI Android.