Nexus One was Google’s first developer phone and it enjoyed tremendous support of the developer community in form of different ROMs. Despite being replaced by Nexus S as the flagship developer phone, it still gets a lot of developer love and the new MIUI 1.5.6 ROM based on Android 2.3.4 can vouch for that. MIUI ROM is the epitome of elegance and speed and unless you have tried this latest version out on your Nexus One, you are surely missing out. More on the ROM and how to install it after the jump.
You can see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android to see what this ROM is all about in case you’re unfamiliar with it.
We have listed a few features of the ROM down below for you.
- The ROM base has been upgraded to 2.3.4.
- Added one press dial functionality: quickly call up number with one press.
- Added reminder notification of new messages.
- Added Birthday reminder functionality, reminds of birthdays 3 days earlier.
- Removal of duplicate contacts when your SIM and Google contacts overlap.
- Added swipe to delete or select all songs for editing or removal.
Now that you understand what this ROM is all about, let’s take it for a spin on the Nexus One.
Disclaimer: Flash a custom ROM to your phone at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Nexus One. For help with rooting, see our guide on how to root your Android device.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
MIUI 1.5.6 for Nexus OneUpdate: Latest MIUI 2.3.30 for Nexus One English Language Pack(No longer required in the latest version.)
- Download the ROM and language pack from the download link above, and copy them to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery mode and flash the ROM, only after you’ve made a nandroid backup and wiped data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Optionally you can flash the language pack after you’ve flashed the ROM but make sure to wipe cache and dalvik cache before doing that as well.
If the above instructions do not make sense to you, you should see our comprehensive guide on how to install a ROM or zip file via recovery on an Android device. Optionally, you can also check out our post on 10 awesome MIUI themes for Android.