View in galleryHTC myTouch 4G many not have received the latest MIUI 1.5.6 ROM, but it wasn’t like the developers at XDA were going to sit quiet and let the moment pass by. We have confirmation that MIUI 1.5.6 – based on the latest Android 2.3.4 – has been successfully ported to myTouch 4G. More on this ROM and how to install it after the jump!
Everyone in the IRC chat #miui-us.
cayniarb and stiffspliff for the follow up and step by step guide on porting this.
Faux for the great kernel.
n_i_x for giving me the push up and all the translators of MIUI.us.
The ROM has a fully working front facing camera and fully supports video chat via Google Talk. For more information on what the hype surrounding these MIUI ROMs is all about, see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android.
So let’s get this ROM up and running on your myTouch 4G!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted myTouch 4G. See our guide on how to root the myTouch 4g.
- A custom recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
- MIUI 1.5.6 for HTC myTouch 4G.
- Download the ROM and from the above given link, and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery mode and flash the ROM, only after you’ve made a nandroid backup.
In you’re unfamiliar with flashing ROMs and the above instructions do not make sense to you, you should see our comprehensive guide on how to install a ROM or zip file via recovery on an Android device.
Optionally you can also check out 10 awesome MIUI themes for Android.
For updates and queries visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.