Calkulin’s EViO Shift v1.0 is a rooted Android 2.2 FroYo ROM for the HTC EVO 4G that comes bundled with a ton of great features along with smooth looks. If you want to give your EVO 4G an operating system overhaul, read on for more details and installation instructions.
This ROM has been developed by XDA-Developers forum member Calkulin and released just a few hours ago. It is an HTC-Sense based ROM that uses the official Android 2.2 FroYo FRF91 EVO 4G Shift 1.17.651.1 build at its core.
The features that this ROM packs include:
- Undervolted HTC 22.214.171.124-gee557fd #15 kernel,
- A very fast tweaked system,
- 3G USB tethering and Sprint Hotspot,
- Reduced auto-brightness range (to improve battery life),
- True network speed display in notification bar,
- Battery percentage,
- Colored notification icons,
- 5MB MMS size limit (2MB by default),
- Modified Flash Player with Hulu support,
- Ad blocking in apps,
- Deodexed system,
- Optimized and zipaligned APKs,
- Most of the bundled HTC apps,
- A custom themed ADW Launcher replacing the default HTC Sense launcher,
- EStrongs File Explorer,
- HTC Keyboard,
- Facebook app,
- Quickboot menu,
- Wireless tethering,
- and many more.
The HTC Sense apps removed from the ROM are also provided for those who want to install them, and can be found in a folder named ‘Removed_Apps’ on the SD card.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
If you want to install this ROM on your phone, simply follow these instructions:
- If your phone isn’t rooted, visit our Android rooting guide and follow the appropriate instructions from there to root it first.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery to be able to flash this ROM, if you don’t have it installed already.
- Download the ROM from the link given below and flash it to your phone from recovery after taking a nandroid backup and wiping data, cache & Dalvik cache.
- Reboot your phone.
You should now be running the rooted Calkulin’s EViO Shift v1.0 ROM on your HTC EVO 4G. For updates, feature requests, bug reports of help with issues, visit the XDA-Developers forum thread.