While ClockworkMod recovery has made it to the Samsung Droid Charge quite a while back, seems like it has quite a few issues to begin with. However, lucky for us, XDA-Developers forum member imnuts has managed to release what seems to be a completely fixed version of the ClockworkMod recovery for the Droid Charge. He has been on this for some time now, and the end result is a fully functional ClockworkMod recovery which is rid of all the issues that were inherited in the original ClockworkMod recovery for the Droid Charge. This recovery is not only meant for those who have been managing their time with the broken recovery, but for those who have not installed the recovery at all for now. In case you don’t have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your Droid Charge because you never bothered to out of the idea that you don’t need it, think again. You should see our guide on what is ClockworkMod recovery for Android and how to use it.
The recovery is meant to be flashed via ODIN and to clear any confusion, you do not need to have any version of ClockworkMod recovery installed beforehand in order to flash this one. This recovery is not a mod, but a modified, in fact, fixed version of the ClockworkMod recovery. The recovery now has the most crucial feature fully functioning, that is the Backup and Restore function. The fix_permissions script has also been fixed and is using the latest CWM source.
- Vol Up / Home – Go up.
- Vol Down / Menu – Go Down.
- Back – Go Back.
- Power / Search – Select Item.
How to get this recovery up and running on your phone? Pretty easy, we shall show you how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- ODIN installed on your system
- Samsung USB Drivers for 32bit Windows | 64bit Windows
- ClockworkMod recovery
- To begin, download the recovery from the link above and make sure the USB drivers are installed.
- Now run ODIN and make sure Re-Partition and Auto Reboot are options are unchecked.
- Click on PDA and when prompted to, choose the recovery that you just downloaded.
- Put the phone in download mode and connect it to the PC via USB.
- Once you see the phone connected in ODIN, hit the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- Once the recovery is flashed, take out the battery, and put it back in again to reboot the phone.
That is it! Try booting into recovery to see if the recovery installed properly. In case Voodoo Lagfix status is not properly read from Recovery, use “adb mount” to verify your lagfix status. Or in case you get the Failed to mount /sdcard error(s), perform the following commands with ADB:
adb shell umount /sdcard rm -f /sdcard mkdir /sdcard exit
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.