Obsidian V2 is the first official custom ROM for Samsung Vibrant which is based on the official leaked JK2 Android 2.2 Froyo. According to the commentators and ROM testers, this ROM is relatively stable than earlier version and carries fixes for almost all the issues faced previously.
Here is a log of changes and features packaged within Obsidian V2 custom ROM for Samsung Vibrant:
– Fixed mounting issues
– Added reboot/reboot into recovery/reboot into download mode – in power menu options
– Added accurate battery mod
– Highly modified TouchWiz launcher
– Landscape rotation on home screen with TouchWiz
– Headset now works with calls
– Fixed live wallpapers
– Updated Superuser
– Added android keyboard
– Added Desk Home
– Added Car Home
– Search FC fixed
– Modified Init Script
– Modified framework-res xml
Please follow these instructions to install Obsidian V2 JK2 Android 2.2 Froyo ROM on your Samsung Vibrant:
It is worth understanding that before you flash / install this custom ROM on your Samsung Vibrant, you will need to disable any lag fixes such as Voodoo and / or One Click Lag Fix. If you are using Ryanz Lag Fix, then you are safe to flash the ROM on top of it. It is also advised to make a Nandroid backup before you begin the installation process. Backups are necessary as they are the only solution available if anything goes wrong.
- The first step is to make sure that you have a rooted T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant. You can also root your phone now by following the instructions posted here.
- Download Bionix Obsidian V2 ROM Zip file and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD card and copy the downloaded Zip file to SD Card root.
- Launch Market on your phone and download the ROM Manager [Free App].
- Once you have downloaded and installed the ROM Manager, launch the app and tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. This will install ClockworkMod Recovery on your handset.
- Once the installation is complete, tap on Reboot into Recovery in ROM Manager.
- Scroll down to Choose Zip From SD Card using volume down button and press the power button to select.
- Now simply select the Zip file you earlier copied to SD Card root and press power button to select.
- Once done, wait for the process to finish. Please note that it will take around 10 to 15 minutes, so hang in there.
- After the installation / flashing process is complete, reboot your phone.
Once the phone reboots, it will take 5 to 10 minutes in order to adjust to the new ROM you have flashed. After 15 minutes, reboot your device. And there you go! You are now running Android 2.2 Froyo Custom Obsidian ROM on your phone.