View in galleryA new custom ROM based on the widely used Android 2.2 Froyo, for the Samsung Galaxy Tab has surfaced on XDA-Developers courtesy of the forum member boyppc. Not a lot of ROMs have surfaced for the Galaxy Tab, and since this one just recently hit the internet, why not try it out? For more on this ROM and how to install it, read on!
The ROM comes with a custom kernel and gives you graphical mods like, flip animation, slide show wallpaper, honeycomb live wallpaper, battery percentage display, modded lock screen etc. The ROM is also bundled along with a a few apps used in the daily routine. Other then that, the ROM has no known major bugs.
See a preview of how the ROM looks (images courtesy of the developer):
Now that you know what this ROM is all about, let’s get it installed on your Galaxy Tab!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab. See our guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- ClockworkMod Recovery installed. See our guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- SHIFTPDA Custom ROM.
- To begin, copy the ROM you downloaded from the link above to the root of your SD card.
- Once the ROM is copied, reboot into recovery by pressing the Vol+ and Power On at the same time.
- Once in the recovery, make a NANDroid backup. See our guide on how to perform / restore a NANDroid backup.
- Once in the recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset. Now, wipe cache and Dalvick Cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM you copied to your SD card.
- You will be prompted with whether to install the file or not; choose Yes.
- Wait patiently for the installation to complete and once it does, simply reboot your device.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy Tab should now boot into the new custom ROM. For updates and queries related to this ROM, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.