Bored with the stock TouchWiz 3 look of your Galaxy S? Want a fresh new look for your icons by staying as close to stock as possible? It might all just be possible thanks to a very useful package that XDA-Developers forum member switchrock has whipped up, giving your SGS I9000 quite a few pleasant visual tweaks. More on it after the break!
The mod brings about the following features:
- Icons with SGSII / AOSP Look.
- TouchWiz 4.
- Added SGSII Digital Clock, Email Widget, Camcorder.
- Added Host Files (No-Ads).
- Hacked Browser (8-Tabs + User Agent) by Steven1811.
- Hacked Camera (Low Battery + Shutter + Audio) by rafalense.
- Modded SMS (No MMS AutoConvert + NoSenderLimit + TimeFix) by Ryyuu.
- SGSII Shutdown Animation.
- Social App with SGSII Icon.
- Added SGSII Live Wallpapers and Weather Widget Package.
This mod does not change the framework of your device incase you were wondering. To install SGS II Live Wallpapers and Weather Widget package. Make sure you have 20MB free of system partition.
- A rooted Galaxy S I9000. See our guide on rooting your Android device.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing a custom recovery to your Android device.
- Running a deodexed ROM.
- Mod package v2. (Universal for any base / GB custom ROM.)
- SGSII Live Wallpapers and Weather Widget Package. (Make sure you have 20MB free of system partition.)
- To begin, download the Mod package, and the live wallpapers / widgets pack if you want those.
- Copy both the zip files to the root of your SD card.
- Once copied, power your phone of and boot into recovery by holding the Volume Up, Home and Power button, letting go of the power button when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- In recovery, make a nandroid backup.
- Wipe factory/data reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the Mod package to install.
- Once installed, repeat Step 6 for the live wallpapers and the widgets pack.
- Finally reboot your device.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.