MIUI ROM based on the new Gingerbread 2.3.3 has been made available for the Samsung Nexus S. MIUI ROMs present, one of the most aesthetically pleasing designs in the Android world, and now it is the Samsung Nexus S that has received the Gingerbread version of that ROM. For more on this ROM and how to install it to your Nexus S, read on!
If you’re wondering what MIUI ROM is all about, not just particular to this device, click here to read our complete review of MIUI ROM. is said to be one of the most stable custom ROMS out there for the Nexus S. That said, no serious bugs exist either with some applications force closing on some occasions. Here are a few screenshots courtesy of XDA-Developers. Don’t be alarmed by the Chinese language in the screenshots, there are language packs available.
Now that you know what this ROM is all about, let’s get it up and running on your phone!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nexus S. See our guide on how to root the Nexus S.
- ClockworkMod recovery 3+ installed. For guide on installing ClockworkMod Recovery 3+ on the Nexus S, click here.
MIUI 2.3.3 for Nexus SGet the latest version of MIUI instead.
- English language pack (No longer required in latest version)
- To begin, copy the ROM and the language pack of your choice that you downloaded from the links above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the ROM and language pack are copied, reboot into recovery.
- Once in the recovery, make a NANDroid backup. See our guide on how to perform and restore a NANDroid backup.
- Once in the recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset. Now, wipe cache and Dalvick Cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM you copied to your SD card.
- You will be prompted with whether to install the file or not; choose Yes.
- Wait patiently for the installation to complete.
- Once the ROM is flashed, now it’s time to flash the language pack. Flash it using the same method as advised in Step 5, this time choosing the language pack instead of the ROM obviously.
- Once the language pack is flashed as well, simply reboot your phone.
Congratulations! Your Nexus S should now boot into the much beautiful MIUI ROM based on Android 2.3.3! For updates and queries regarding the ROM, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.