View in gallerySince we caught wind of a Sense 3.5 in existence on the HTC Bliss, the UI has been leaked and ported over to a number of HTC devices. The Incredible S is one of those devices and has received an Android 2.3.4 ROM sporting the latest Sense 3.5 UI. The ROM is actually a port of the mySense 3.5 UI, that is T-Mobiles variant of the Sense UI, and credit goes to XDA-Developers forum member newtoroot who also ported this very same ROM over to the Droid Incredible 2. Named HTC Bliss, the ROM is in its beta stage and is being worked on for further improvements.
The ROM is fit enough to be used as a daily driver as long as you can make peace with having no Camera and Bluetooth functionality, since these are broken for now. However, these issues will be resolved in future updates which should follow soon.
If you’re wondering what has changed with Sense 3.5, we could vouch for the fact that Sense 3.5 is in fact a lot smoother than the Sense 3.0 and doesn’t seem like it’s hogging the system. The UI is said to run without a sweat on HTC devices with even the most mediocre specs. The old curved dock has been done away with in favor of a Quick Launch home screen that houses app icons, that have drawers sliding out, and a Phone and App Drawer button at the bottom. Personally, we found this Quick Launch screen to be much cleaner and less cluttered. You can also, customize the apps that you want to appear on this screen. Other changes are there in the form of a somewhat re-organized menu system, but overall the jump to 3.5 would seem more of a slight update rather then a whole new experience like the Sense 3.0 brought about.
Like what you see? Want to get this ROM up and running on your device? Here’s how you can do that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An Incredible S with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible S.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. Install via ROM Manager from the Android Marker. Incase you are unable to do so for some odd reason, see our guide on the manual installation of ClockworkMod recovery on the Incredible S.
- HTC Bliss Sense 3.5 ROM.
- To begin, copy the ROM you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the file is copied, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe factory/data reset.
- Now, wipe cache and dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
- Once done, simply flash the ROM you copied to your SD card and let it install.
- When the ROM is installed, simply reboot the device.
That’s it, you’re done! Your phone should now boot into the new Sense 3.5 ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.