In case you are an HTC Sensation owner and are now S – Off with root and CWM recovery, then you seriously need this! Killahurtz, XDA senior member, has released a modified GTalk 1.3 Version that comes with video chat. Another awesome thing regarding this mod is that you don’t need to be connected over a Wi-Fi connection to initiate video chats as it’s optional. The mod is basically a present to XDA community from Killahurtz in celebration of his 400th post on the forums.
And here is how you can get the modified Google Talk 1.3 with Video Chat and optional Wi-Fi work on your S – OFF’d permanently rooted HTC Sensation:
- The first step is to download modified Google 1.3 With Video Chat For Sensation from here and save the zip file on your desktop.
- Once done, follow the instructions posted here to gain S –OFF on your phone and click here to root and install recovery on your device.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded zip file to SD Card root or SD Ext as applicable.
- After this, reboot your device into recovery using the correct button-press combination.
- Once you are in the recovery, navigate down to Install Zip from SD Card.
- In the resulting menu, select Gtalk Video Chat Sensation Zip file and flash / install it.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.
- Once your device boots, launch Google Talk on your phone and verify if you have video chat and Wi-Fi options available.
And there you go! In case you need more information or want a .bat file that does the trick from the comfort of your PC, then please head to the official XDA thread posted here.