Samsung Galaxy 3 is a mid-tier Android device that failed to gather many fans and users due to reasons unknown. However the Android hacker community is always active and they haven’t abandoned Galaxy 3 altogether. Some industrious hackers at XDA by the name of GreenMods have managed to port MIUI Android 2.3 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy 3. Unlike other initial custom ROM ports, more than 90 % of the phone functions OK after flashing the ROM with only MIUI Launcher and lockscreen not working. We believe that this issues will be resolved in future releases on this Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy 3.
Here is the step by step guide to Install GreenMods MIUI ROM on your Samsung Galaxy 3:
- The first step is to make sure that your Samsung Galaxy 3 has root with custom recovery installed. You can head to this post for Samsung Galaxy 3 rooting and click here to know all about custom recoveries.
- Once you are done with rooting your phone and installing recovery on your phone, download GreenMods MIUI ROM for Galaxy 3 from here and copy the file in your phone’s SD Card root.
- Now reboot your device in recovery. You can do this by either using the button pattern or download ROM Manager from Android Market and use tap on Reboot In Recovery option.
- After you are in Recovery mode, navigate down to Apply update.zip followed by selecting “Yes”.
- Wait for the ROM to flash and reboot your device once it’s done.
And there you go! You now have MIUI custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy 3. In case you need support or more information, then head to the official XDA thread posted here.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.