With its huge 4.3” screen, HTC Desire HD is definitely one of the big players in the Android world. If you are a proud owner of this Android 2.2 FroYo phone, you can now give it a fresh new life by installing the rooted xDROID HD Lite custom ROM with HTC Sense and overclocking of up to 1.22GHz. Read on after the break for the feature list, download link and installation instructions.
Based on official Android 2.2 FroYo with the new 22.214.171.124 kernel, this ROM retains the HTC Sense interface and most stock features while making several useful additions to them including overclocking of upto 1.22GHz, root access, unsecured boot.img, memory and speed optimization, language support for Italian, deodex, ext4 support and BusyBox. In addition to the apps shipped by HTC, it also comes bundled with several useful apps including Rom Manager, Astro File Manager, Advanced Task Killer, Nuovo Market, 3D Gallery 2.0, Skyfire Browser, Quick Office, Sound Hound, Skype, Adobe Reader and more.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Make sure your phone is rooted. You can do so using our HTC Desire HD rooting guide.
- You must also have a custom recovery installed. In case it isn’t, you can download ROM Manager from the Market and use it to install Clockwork Recovery.
- Download the ROM as well as FULL-WIPE-1.2.zip from the links given below and copy both these files to the root of your SD card.
- If coming from the stock ROM, go to Menu > Settings > Applications, select the last option and disable Fastboot. If you can’t find an option for that there, you’re already good to go.
- Switch your phone off and reboot it in recovery.
- From the main recovery menu, select ‘install zip from sd card’ and select the FULL-WIPE-1.2.zip file that you copied there in Step 3.
- Once that zip is installed, again choose to ‘install zip from sd card’ and this time, select the zip for the ROM. Wait patiently while it is flashed to your phone.
- Once the flashing is done, reboot your phone from recovery.
That’s about it. xDROID HD Lite Sense ROM is now installed on your HTC Desire HD, with overclocking support for up to 1.22 GHz, making it blazing fast. Note that overclocking must ALWAYS be done with care, and may result in higher heat levels and potential instability at times. For updates, feature requests or bug reports, head over to this XDA-Developers forum thread.