HTC Desire HD is the new Android buzz in every corner with some amazing specs, features and whole new HTC Sense. Hackers and Android developers at XDA have released HTC Desire HD ROM for HTC Desire, Droid Incredible and EVO 4G. Some key features of this ROM are:
- Under 5 Second Boot Time
- Multiple Theme Downloads From HTC Hub
- Landscape Support For HTC Apps
- Pinch Zoom Functionality
Although the ROM is pretty cool and is packaged with scores of highly anticipated features; it can’t be called 100% complete as yet. For instance:
- Camcorder/Camera Not Operational
- Weird Dialer Image
- No Bluetooth Connectivity
- 4G Doesn’t work on EVO 4G
- Wi-Fi Issues On EVO 4G
Here is the step by step method on installing HTC Desire HD ROM on HTC Droid Incredible, Desire And EVO 4G:
- The first step is to download the ROM for your Handset. [Desire, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G]
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- Once this is done, copy the downloaded ROM file on SD card Root.
- Now reboot your phone in recovery and navigate to Wipe/Clear. WIPE everything including cache, data and delvik cache.
- Now go to Apply Zip From SD Card option and install/flash the ROM. [Depends on recovery image you are using].
- Now wait for the installation process to finish and do not try to abandon the process if it takes too long. This can brick your phone.
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your device and voila! enjoy your new HTC Desire HD ROM on your Desire/EVO 4G/Droid Incredible.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.