HTC Sense fans who own the HTC Evo 4G, can finally put their hands on the awesome new Sense 3.0 UI via a custom ROM. Earlier we covered custom ROMs based on Sense 3.0 for the Desire HD, Inspire 4g and myTouch 4g. This time, it’s Evo 4g’s turn, so read on for more on this ROM and how to install it on your device.
CapyChimp for his original Rom found here and RMK for his thread found here. The ROM is based of both their ROMs.
Flemmard and DiamondBack for sizing this whole ROM.
football for all the official RUU Leaks.
Take a look at some of the features this ROM sports followed by the bugs and the installation of course.
- Base – Leaked Android 2.3.3 build 0.81.651.0 WWE (Gingerbread).
- VirusROM Custom boot animation.
- Extra quick setttings.
- Stock kernel from the the Gingerbread leak.
- Busybox, root, Superuser included.
- Increased dalvik for better performance.
- Increased Wi-fi scan to 90 for better battery.
- CyanogenMod screen off animations.
The ROM is known to have a broken camcorder and so is the weather app along with the HTC Album being buggy.
So let’s move on with the installation now.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Evo 4G. See our guide on how to root the Evo 4G.
- A custom recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
- VirusROM Kingdom REVOlution for Evo 4G.
- Download the ROM from the above given link, and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery mode and flash the ROM, after making a nandroid backup.
In you’re unfamiliar with flashing ROMs and the above instructions do not make sense to you, you should see our comprehensive guide on how to install a ROM or zip file via recovery on an Android device.
For future updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.