View in galleryWe have just shown you how to root, unlock and gain S-OFF on the AT&T Inspire 4G and now, we will guide you with installing a custom HTC Desire HD based Android ROM that has been edited to work specifically with the Inspire 4G. This should also solve the problem of no sound that the previous guide created due to installing a Desire HD kernel to the phone in the process.
Credit for bringing this guide to us goes to XDA-Developers forum member attn1 – the same guy who brought us the HTC Inspire 4G Hack Kit that we used for rooting the device. This ROM is basically a stock HTC Desire HD ROM that has already been rooted and its kernel replaced with one from the Telus Desire HD to enable sound. It also includes USB and Wi-Fi tethering at no additional fee.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- You must first completely follow our guide on how to permanently root HTC Inspire 4G.
- Inspired DHD ROM.
- Copy the ROM to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your device into recovery.
- Flash the ROM to your phone from recovery after taking a nandroid backup and wiping data, cache & Dalvik cache.
- Reboot your phone from recovery back into Android.
- To be on the safe side, reboot your phone once more after configuring your Google account.
- Install the SuperUser app from Android Market to complete the rooting process. (This ROM doesn’t include SuperUser app by default.)
There you go! Now you have a fully rooted custom ROM installed on your phone that has sound enabled.