If you own a Samsung Captivate and have it rooted to install custom ROMs and more, we’re sure you must have come across, the Andromeda custom ROM. XDA-Developers forum member whiteguypl has just released some major eye candy for the Andromeda 1.2. It’s a theme named, Legacy and we’ve seen it, and must say, it looks brilliant. For more on this theme and how to install it, read on!
So when we talk about themes, we jump right to the question, “How does it look?” Why don’t you see for yourself. The image below is courtesy of the developer, whiteguypl.
If you fell in love with this theme right away, let us help you install it on your device straight away!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Samsung Captivate. See our guide on how to root the Samsung Captivate.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. Install it via ROM Manager that you can download from the market.
- Samsung USB drivers installed. Download Samsung USB Drivers for 32 bit Windows | For 64 bit Windows.
- Andromeda 1.2 ROM
- Dragon RC5 Theme
- Legacy Andromeda Theme
- To begin, copy both the themes you downloaded from the links above, to the root of your SD card.
- That done, reboot your phone into CWM recovery.
- Then with the help of the volume keys, navigate to ‘install zip from sdcard’ > ‘choose zip from sdcard’ > legacy_dragon_rc5_v2_theme.zip. Select by pressing the power button.
- After you selected the theme, the flashing process will begin. Once it has been installed, similarly install the ‘legacy_andromeda_v2_theme.zip’ file.
- Once it completes, reboot your phone and your phone will boot into Andromeda 1.2 with the Legacy theme installed.
There you go! your Andromeda 1.2 ROM has got a newer awesome look to it. If for some reason you decide to revert back:
- Download Legacy Andromeda revert and Dragon RC5 revert themes.
- Copy the file to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into CWM recovery and flash the Dragon RC5 revert’s zip file followed by the Legacy Andromeda revert’s zip file, just like you flashed the themes themselves.
- Reboot back into Android. You will now have the default Andromeda 1.2 ROM look back.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.