When it comes to custom Android ROMs, most HTC device users have to sacrifice the HTC Sense UI because of the difficulty involved in porting it to custom ROMs. However, there are a few ROMs available with the Sense UI intact and further customizations added. xDROID HD Lite is one such ROM for the HTC Droid Incredible, that includes a transparent Sense UI. More details, download link and installation instructions after the jump.
XDA-Developers forum member sk806 just released the RC1 version of his Android 2.2 FroYo based Magnolia ROM for HTC Droid Incredible. What really sets this ROM apart from most others is the way the Sense UI is made transparent. That includes not only the home and lock screens, but also several Sense widgets. It is based on the latest HTC stock OTA ROM and uses the latest kernel by HTC as well.
The features of this ROM include a matte UI, app drawer button mapped to AppFolders, custom battery and signal icons, themed power control widgets in notification menu, themed dialer, reboot and recovery from power menu, up-to-date Google apps, several bloatware apps removed, custom boot animation and several other performance, interface and usability tweaks.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Make sure your phone is rooted. You can use our guide on how to root HTC Droid Incredible.
- You must also have a custom recovery installed. In case it isn’t, you can download ROM Manager from the Market and use it to install Clockwork Recovery.
- Download the ROM from the link given below and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Switch your phone off and reboot it in recovery.
- Use the main recovery menu to wipe all data and cache. Then go to the advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache.
- Get back to the main recovery menu and select ‘install zip from sd card’. Select the ROM that you copied to your SD card in step 3, and wait patiently while it is flashed to your phone.
- Once the flashing is done, reboot your phone.
The installation process of this ROM will create a folder named ‘Magnolia’ on your SD card containing .zip files for restoring several hidden status bar icons. Simply reboot into recovery and flash the corresponding zip file to restore the icon you want. Also included in this folder is the .apk file to install wireless tethering so if you need it, just open that folder using the included Astro File Manager and run that apk file.
For updates, bug reports or feature requests, head over to this XDA-Developers forum thread.