MIUI ROM is one of the sweetest and elegant ROM for our Android devices out there today. If you own a Samsung Fascinate and have been craving to run an MIUI ROM on your device for a while now, your prayers have been answered. The Fascinate finds itself unlucky in the matter of MIUI developers support for this device, but XDA-Developers forum member andmer has put together a ROM that is based on CM7, and MIUI.US base ROMs to come up with MIUI FascinateMTD.
Update: MIUI.US has released an official MIUI ROM for the Fascinate. MIUI v4 as it is called is based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and is available for Fascinate owners to download. The download link is provided below and the instructions remain the same as long as you’re coming from an Android 2.3 Gingerbread firmware. For more on the ROM you can refer to this changelog here.
The ROM has been around for a while now and recently been updated to v1.6.24, running Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. The ROM, has a few issues at the moment and we’ll tell you exactly what those are I a bit. For now, if you’re not familiar with MIUI ROMs, see our guide on MIUI ROMs and what they’re all about. For a complete list of changelog on MIUI 1.6.24, visit the changelog page at MIUI.US.
The ROM offers the following features functioning for now:
- Calls, SMS, Bluetooth, 3G / Data and Wi-Fi works.
- Camera / Camcorder, USB mass storage, GPS and sensors work.
Note that when you receive calls or texts, the phone is not woken up after it has gone to sleep, meaning you will not be notified through a ring. If you’re willing to not let this be an issue, you can also download SoftLocker from the Market, which prevents your device from sleeping.
Want this ROM, here’s how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Samsung Fascinate To root yours, visit our comprehensive Android rooting guide.
- ClockworkMod Recovery. See how to install ClockworkMod recovery on Android devices.
MIUI 1.6.24 ROM. MIUI 22.214.171.124 Patch.
- MIUI v4.
- Begin by copying the ROM and Patch you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the file is copied, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make a Nandroid backup. (Backup & Restore > Backup)
- Select wipe factory/data reset.
- Now, wipe cache and dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
- Once done, simply flash the ROM you copied to your SD card and let it install.
- That done, flash the Patch by repeating step 6 and then simply reboot your device.
For further updates and queries related to this ROM, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.