View in galleryThe Incredible 2 has started pacing itself quiet nicely in the world of custom ROMs. One of these custom ROMs being the MIUI ROM, where the Incredible 2 started off with an unofficial port of the MIUI ROM and then found itself official supported by MIUI.us as it got itself the the MIUI 1.7.8. Being official supported now, the Incredible 2 has just recently received the latest 1.7.15 build, which is a test build for now and based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
Incase you have no clue what MIUI ROMs are, head over to our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android to familiarize yourself with the ROM. The ROM may be a test build for now, but has some improvements to offer. Such as the front camera, that has now been fixed and works. The previous builds has a mono audio issue that seems to have been fixed as well according to a user. As for the bugs, here they are as reported:
- Compass reverses North and South.
- No dial pad when updating PRL (*228). Long press MENU after programming calls starts, that will bring up the keyboard.
- In call volume is low.
- Keyboard press doesn’t vibrate.
- Mic on wired headset inoperable during call.
- When taking a picture in the camera app, the preview image looks distorted for about 2 seconds right after pressing the shutter button. The actual picture taken is fine, when looking at it in the gallery, so the problem is just with the photo preview.
For queries related strictly to any bugs or incase you want to report any bus, head over to the Official Bug Report Thread at MIUI.us. Now if you wish to install this on your Incredible 2, here’s how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An HTC Droid Incredible 2 with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible 2.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Incredible 2.
- MIUI 1.7.15.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete, and once it does, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries related to the ROM, head over to the forum thread at MIUI.US.