View in galleryMotorola Milestone also known as DROID is the WCDMA/GSM version of Motorola Droid, and it is amongst the few Android devices for which we have not featured custom ROMs in the past. All that is about to change as we bring you an Android 2.2 FroYo based custom ROM for the device so if you are still running an earlier version of Android on your Milestone, read on to learn how to get FroYo up and running on it.
This ROM has been developed by XDA-Developers forum member Dexter_nlb and is called MotoFrenzy. Strictly speaking, it is not a ROM but a backup image that you can restore to your device using recovery. It is fast and stable, and has most of the features including the GSM, GPRS and HSPA Radio, camera, GPS, Bluetooth, ADB, USB, SD Card, A/C Charging, Video playback, G-Sensor and 3D games. Video recording and camera focus are not working right now.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
To install MotoFrenzy Android 2.2 FroYo to your Motorola Milestone:
- In case your phone isn’t rooted, refer to our guide on how to root your Android device and root it.
- Follow this guide to install OpenRecovery on your phone.
- Download the ROM from the link given below and copy it to /nandroid/adbrecovery folder on your SD card.
- Reboot your phone into OpenRecovery and use the ‘Nandroid Restore’ option to restore the ROM after wiping data, cache and Dalvik cache.
- In case you download any patch from the forum link to install over this ROM, copy them to /OpenRecovery/updates folder on your SD card and install them from OpenRecovery using the ‘Apply Update’ option.
Refer to the ROM’s forum thread at XDA-Developers for more details, updates or help with problems.
Download MotoFrenzy Android 2.2 FroYo ROM for Motorola Milestone (Not available anymore)