Finally there is some interesting news for HTC Droid Incredible users waiting for their OTA Froyo update to go live. In case you have a rooted Droid Incredible, then you can flash this ROM. This custom ROM for the Droid Incredible is actually based on the Android 2.2 Froyo OTA Update leak. The ROM chef has added Super User, Busy Box and certain other add-ons in order to enhance the usability of this firmware.
Here is the step by step guide accompanied with a comprehensive FAQ on installing the Stock Android 2.2 Froyo on your rooted Motorola Droid Incredible:
Here is a Stock 2.2 ROM with Sense based off the upcoming Froyo OTA. This is completely stock with the additions of su, Superuser.apk and busybox.
Everything has been confirmed working. Camera, camcorder, Wifi, bluetooth, GPS, MMS, etc…
A full wipe and 2.x radio is required.
See below for more information and instructions regarding the 2.x radio.
Get the ROM here!
There are quite a few new additions that have been included. New Gmail with Copy & Paste, HTC Flashlight, FM Radio widget, Calculator widget, SMS widget, Sync all widget, profile widgets, 3g mobile hotspot, genie widget, App sharing program, messaging app changed a bit, 720p recording, built in flash on camcorder, and more stuff that I can’t think of off the top of my head.
Do I have the proper radio to run this ROM?
You must have the 2.x radio or certain functions of the ROM won’t work. The camcorder definitely won’t work and it’s possible other functions won’t either. Follow the instructions below you verify what radio you are running and instructions on updating to the 2.x radio.
What version am I running?
Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version
If its 2.05.00.06.11 then you can ignore the rest of these instructions and just flash the ROM.
If its 1.00.03.04.06 then you need to update your radio.
How to flash the 2.x radio.
1. Download PB31IMG.zip and place it in the root of you SDCARD. Make sure the FS is FAT32, otherwise PB13IMG.zip will not flash.
2. Now go to the bootloader.
2a. Run ‘adb reboot oem-42’ if powered up or hold Power + Volume Down if your phone is off.
3. It should automatically start loading PB31IMG.zip. Then accept it when it asks you to load it or not (pretty sure Vol Up).
4. You are now completely stock. You should remove PB31IMG from your SDCARD now.
5. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip and place it in the root of your SDCARD.
6. Now boot into recovery and apply the zip.
6a. adb reboot recovery if powered up or Power + Volume Down then select Recovery.
6b. Now hit Power + Volume Up to bring up the Recovery menu.
6c. Now select apply update.zip
7. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it’s 2.05.00.06.11.
8. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to reroot and install ClockworkMod recovery.
9. Now you can go ahead and install the Stock Froyo ROM.
1. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip and place it in the root of your SDCARD.
2. Now boot into recovery and apply the zip.
2a. adb reboot recovery if powered up or Power + Volume Down then select Recovery.
2b. Now hit Power + Volume Up to bring up the Recovery menu.
2c. Now select apply update.zip
3. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it’s 2.05.00.06.11.
4. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to root and install ClockworkMod recovery.
5. Now you can go ahead and install the Stock Froyo rom.
According to the Scuccia, author of this ROM, all primary functions and features like camera, data, Bluetooth etc work perfectly fine. You can refer to this original XDA Froums Thread for more information regarding this ROM and reviews.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.