Just a few days into achieving the much needed S-Off, the Droid Incredible 2 (HTC s710d) has received an official update by ChinaTelecom to Android 2.3.4. The Verizon Droid Incredible 2 is the same as the HTC s710d in China, so the ROM has found its way on the internet for downloading and has even been rooted by QUENS@DIYPDA.
The original ROM, does not support Google services, and that has been added in this modified version of the ROM. When we say modified, the ROM feels and looks completely stock, with the removal of bloatware and addition of Google service support being the only changes made. A few screenshots of the ROM can be seen below, courtesy of XDA-Developers.
No need to be alarmed by the Chinese language seen on the screenshots, the ROM includes English, Simple Chinese and Traditional Chinese to choose from.
Now if you want to install this on your Droid Incredible 2, here’s how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An HTC Droid Incredible 2 with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the incredible 2.
- ROM [ver 2.13.1401.0].
- Radio [ver 1.01.50.0701].
- To begin, download the ROM and Radio from the link above and rename the ROM to PG32IMG.zip.
- Copy the ROM to the root of your SD card and boot the device into bootloader mode.
- Once into bootloader, follow the on screen instructions to flash the ROM.
- After the phone has booted into the new ROM, rename the ROM to anything other then PG32IMG or simply remove it from the SD card.
- Rename the Radio to PG32IMG.zip and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once again, boot into bootloader mode and follow the onscreen instructions.
For updates and queries, regarding this ROM, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.