Earlier we covered a guide on installing MIUI 1.7.8 on the Incredible S, but that was a mere port and nowhere near being an official release by MIUI developers. We can confirm that the official MIUI 1.7.22 ROM by MIUI.US has been released for the Incredible S! The device finally has official support, and if you’re wondering what’s all the fuss about, you may not be familiar with MIUI ROMs. You can see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android.
MIUI is one of the best AOSP ROMs around that offers tons of functionality with some nifty graphics while posing some seriously swift operations in an almost 100mb package. This latest release is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread and should be rock stable being the real official deal that it is. Apparently the ROM should work fine with no functionality broken. You can see a complete list of features check out the
official changelog (not available anymore).
How to get this up and running on your Incredible S? Here’s how.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An Incredible S with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible S.
- A rooted Incredible S. See our guide on rooting the Incredible S.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Incredible S.
- MIUI 1.7.22 ROM.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes.
- When the ROM is installed, simply reboot your device.
That’s it, your device should now boot into the latest MIUI ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at MIUI.US.