Android is the fastest growing mobile OS that has registered multitude of success within a short span of time. Although Android is quickly becoming the most relied-upon mobile / tab OS, but still there are issues that need to be addressed. The major issue that any Android phone faces is battery drain and poor memory management. All the techies must be knowing the exact complications that cause this, but for novice users; it is definitely a challenge. One reason why Android is growing leaps and bounds is perhaps the huge support and development circle that supports this OS. Juwe11, XDA recognized developer, has recently released a RAM management script for Android that promises best balance between Free Memory, Multitasking and System Speed. The home-brewed script basically optimizes memory in order to gain enhanced, smooth and speedy user experience.
The RAM Management script is comprised to three major components:
-Values which mainly affect your multitask and free memory. Values of my script were made for the best combination of using multitask and still having enough free memory.
VM (Virtual Machine)
-Values which mainly affect your file cache and system memory. With my VM values you can achieve better battery consumption, system speed and speed of launching apps.
-Value of every process which gives the kernel a hint, which process it can kill in an OOM (out of memory) situation.
In order to deploy this RAM management script on your Android phone, you will need to have root privileges. Once you have root on your device, follow the instructions below to flash RAM Optimization Script:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download ES file explorer, available for free in Market, on your phone.
- Once done, download RAM Optimization script from the official XDA thread here, unzip on your computer and copy S97Ramscript file to your phone’s SD Card.
- Now disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Launch ES Explorer and tap on settings.
- In the settings menu, tap to checkmark Root Explorer and Mount File System.
- Now tap the back button followed by tapping on SD Card icon to access system files.
- After this g to System –> Etc and create a new folder using in-app options by the name of “init.d”.
- Now copy the S97RamScript file to System –> Etc –> Init.d folder.
- Once done, reboot your phone.
And there you go! You now have the RAM Optimization script running on your phone. You should be able to feel the difference and if that’s not the case, then refer to the link provided in Step 2.