View in galleryWe have confirmation of the official Gingerbread leak for the HTC myTouch 4G. The ROM has given a new lease of life to the myTouch 4G at a time when newer Android devices are beginning to overshadow the older ones at an increasing pace, especially considering the phones that are lined up to be released soon. So in case you own an HTC myTouch 4G you should give this ROM a shot. More on the ROM after the jump.
The ROM has been kept totally stock with most bloatware apps moved to /data/app for easy removal if you want. With Superuser added into the ROM you should not have to worry about loosing root access on your device. Before we move onto the installation, you can find some details on the leak below:
- Sense Version: MySense 2.1.
- Android Version: 2.3.3.
- Kernel Version: 220.127.116.11.
- File System: EXT 3.
- Voltage: Stock voltage.
- CPU Clock: 1024 MHz (HTC Performance locked – No overclocking without source code).
- CPU Governor: OnDemand (Default).
- CPU Scheduler: CFS only.
- I/O Scheduler: Deadline (Default), CFQ is available to switch to (via su script).
Below are a few screenshots courtesy of XDA-Developers.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted HTC myTouch 4G. See our guide on how to root your HTC myTouch 4G.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed (18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199). See our guide on how to install ClockworkMod recovery.
- Download Glacier Gingerbread ROM. (Mirror)
- To begin, simply download the ROM from the above given link and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery mode and flash the ROM, only after you’ve made a nandroid backup.
In case you’re new to flashing ROMs and the above instructions do not make sense to you, you should see our comprehensive guide on how to install a ROM or zip file via recovery on an Android device.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.