View in galleryThe Nexus One, was Google’s first flagship Android phone manufactured by HTC. The phone came with a stock looking Android 2.1 Éclair firmware and was one of the hottest phones of its time. If you’re familiar with HTC, you must be familiar with their custom Sense UI for Android. Even being manufactured by HTC, HTC could not launch the phone with its Sense UI but that doesn’t mean XDA-Developers forum member abhi0n0nakul cannot release a ROM for the Nexus One based on the latest Sense 3.0 UI. So if you own a Nexus One and are a fan of the Sense UI, this ROM is worth looking at.
The ROM has been named RCADSmixHD and is based on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. Before moving on to the features and installation, you can see few screenshots of the ROM courtesy of the developer.
The ROM sports the following features for now:
- Gingerbread 2.3.3 + htc sense 2.1/3.0 mix.
- Option to choose from sense and stock lockscreen.
- Optional GB TV / CRT screen on / off animation.
- Camera, camcorder [720p HD].
- Power menu options: hibernate, restart into recovery, bootloader or hot, normal restart, mobile data on/off.
- DSP manager, dev. tools.
- Sense 3.0 Lockscreen.
- Sense 3.0 SMS / MMS application with SMS backups.
- Sense 3.0 USB Menu.
- Sense 3.0 Task manager (even in quick settings).
- Sense 3.0 weather sounds.
For a complete list if features, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers. The ROM has a few bugs such as graphical glitches, that can be avoided if you use a live wallpaper according to the developer. The phone locks while in dock(car / desk).
As for the installation, we’ll show you how but before that, head over to the forum thread and pick out the ROM of your choice. By that we mean, the ROM is available in 3 varieties, With Sense 2.1, Sense 3.0 and a Sense 2.1 & 3.1 hybrid. Along with that, there are quite a few kernels and themes available as well for this ROM.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nexus One. See our guide on rooting the Nexus One.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on your Android device.
- Download the ROM from the forum thread.
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your device into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM you copied to your SD card.
- This will start the flashing process, wait for it to finish.
- Once the ROM is flashed, reboot your device.