View in gallerySo you have managed to gain S-Off on your HTC Incredible 2 and feel like you’re all set to go ahead with your freshly rooted device. Not quite yet, the logical thing to do before you proceed with anything, is to install a rooted kernel, the Superuser app and Busybox on your Incredible 2. So why not make all this as simple as the AlphaRevX was to use?
XDA-Developers forum member rmk40 has done just that and packaged an installable zip file that lets you install the following files in one go:
- Re-install the stock kernel, using a rooted ramdisk (credit jcase).
- Install the Superuser app and su binary in /system/xbin.
- Install and setup Busybox in /system/xbin.
With these files you can proceed with using apps such as Titanium Backup Pro. The installation of this package is quite a breeze and we will show you how. All you need is an Incredible 2 that has S-Off enabled and ClockworkMod recovery installed.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An Incredible 2 with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible 2.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Incredible 2.
- Root setup.
- To begin, download the Root setup package from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once copied, turn the phone off and reboot into recovery mode.
- In recovery, select wipe cache and then select wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the Root setup package copied to the SD card.
- Once the file is flashed, simply reboot the device.
That’s it, your device should now have all the root files installed on your device, thereby gaining complete root privileges. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.