MIUI ROM development for Samsung Galaxy S II started couple of months back. Since then there have been countless versions of official and unofficial MIUI ROMs surfacing for this phone. Although MIUI is the choice of folks who like to go with MIUI’s interface and aesthetics, but some of them do miss great apps from TouchWiz that unfortunately aren’t part of MIUI. Apps like Music Hub, Social Hub, TW Calculator, Photo Editor, Samsung Keyboard and Photo Editor were able to capture a massive fan base due to their great interface and excellent utility.
iLstone, Senior MIUI Android forum Member, has recently released a TouchWiz 4 mod / hack that allows you to get most TouchWiz apps back on your phone while running MIUI. The port basically revoView in gallerylves around Galnet MIUI that already has TouchWiz 4 framework.
Here is the detailed list of apps that come with this TW4 Mod for Galaxy S II MIUI :
- Social hub
- Music hub
- Games hub
- Readers hub
- Kies air
- Samsung Apps (Samsung’s App Market)
- Photo Editor
- Samsung keyboard
- Touchwiz launcher (twlauncher4.5)
- Voice commands
- Zero clicker
- Samsung Weather Widget and App
- Samsung News Widget
- Polaris Office
The hack / port comes in form of a ClockworkMod Recovery flashable zip file. The 2.1 version of this hack is the latest and comes with a fix for force closure issues along with rectifying the boot loop problem faced by some initial testers.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Here is the step by step guide to install TouchWiz 4 Apps on Samsung Galaxy S II running MIUI ROM:
- The first step is to download TW 4 apps zip file
from here(download link not available anymore) and save it your computer.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded zip file to SD Card root.
- Now reboot into CWM Recovery.
- After you are in recovery mode, go to mounts / storage option and mount System Partition.
- Now flash the zip file you earlier copied to SD Card root using Flash Zip from SD Card option in CWM Recovery.
- If you get a “error zero ” after installation is complete, then ignore it and reboot your device.
- After reboot, you will have all TW 4 apps listed above on your phone.
In case you are facing any issues or want more information, then consult the MIUI Android thread
posted here (thread deleted).