In case you have a rooted HTC Desire HD, Desire Z or HTC MyTouch 4G running a custom Sense ROM, then there is some good news for you. m-deejay, Senior XDA Member and Android developer, has released Unity VI custom kernel that optimizes your Sensed ROM’s performance with over / under clocking and other great stuff. This kernel is based on official Android 2.3 Gingerbread kernel source from HTC and has been patched to .13.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Here are some main features of UNITY VI Kernel:
2-way call records
SmartAss governor default
OC up to 1708MHz (Default 245 – 1017MHz @ Ondemand)
Tweaked Interactive governor
Tweaked SmartAss governor
V(R) I/O scheduler (default)
BFQ I/O scheduler
EXT4 Support for system partitions (/system, /data, /cache)
You can easily flash this kernel on your rooted Sense ROM running phone through ClockworkMod Recovery.
Here is the step by step guide to install Unity VI kernel on your MyTouch 4G, Desire HD and Desire Z:
Please note that this kernel is only compatible with Sense based custom ROMs.
- The first step is to download the kernel zip file from here and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as disk drive and copy the downloaded Zip file to SD Card root.
- After this reboot your device in recovery mode and create a Nandroid backup of your current settings.
- Once you are done making the backup, use Install Zip from SD Card option from Recovery main menu and flash the kernel.
- Reboot your device once the kernel flashing is complete.
And there you go! You now the have Unity VI kernel on your handset. You can download SetCPU from Market to set processor frequencies according to your choice. In case you need more information or support, the head to the official XDA thread posted here.